Top Twelve Reasons to go to Mountain Wings
for your hang gliding instruction!
8. The Club: The Northeastern Aero Sports Association, NASA is the club that controls and regulates the flying at this site. NASA's main adjective is to pursue and open new flying sites around the North East to ensure your flying enjoyment. NASA is also the club for social gatherings and fly-ins. Be sure to join and support the club that makes it all happen.
9. Safety: Mountain Wings prides itself in having the best safety record of any flight school around, period.
10. FUN: Mountain Wings is the “fun” place to learn to hang glide with after hour BBQ’s and Saturday night bonfires. Many of the pilots have musical talents and with the selection of musical instruments to choose from it is always a blast. Bring your mountain bike as there are many trails to ride starting from the shop. There is a volley ball net, a pond, Foose ball table, ball room dancing with Tom, and the great company from the many pilots that hang out. The fridge is always stocked full of your favorite beverage.
11. The Facilities: Mountain Wings is the only flight school in the area that offers a rest room, indoor and outdoor showers, and free camping to flight school students.
12. The Bee Hill: Mountain Wings once again comes out on top with the only intermediate training hill in the Tri State area. The Bee Hill is a 180 ft beauty of a training hill offering the student a chance to perform turns, learn to set up approaches, learn transitions from the base tube to the down tubes and back and do what no other school can do, teach you the skills to earn your Hang 2 rating as described in the United States Hang Gliding Association's required tasks in the training manual for instructors.